We Can Help You Manage Your Money

If you live in Douglas County, we have several ways we can help you manage your money. If you live in Josephine County, check with Consumer Credit Counseling of Southern Oregon to see what they may be able to do for you.

If you are receiving help paying rent from us, or lack housing and are getting support from us to help you get housing, we may be able to help you in a number of ways so you are better able to manage your money. Take a look at the Housing section of our web-site to see how we can you help you with those services.

Bill Pay Services

We also have other services where we can help you pay your bills. We usually get a referral from another agency before we see if you can get these services.Agencies we work with include DHS Aging and People with Disabilities, the Social Security Administration, Adult Protective Services and others.

Since we do get many referrals for these services, we try to first help those:

  • Without an existing payee
  • Who are less able to manage their funds
  • Living in a care facility rather than at home

These bill pay services include:

Bill Payee

This service allows us to:

  • Help you pay your bills
  • Provide you cash after your bills are paid
  • Reduce your debt. We can reduce the number of credit cards you have, help you decide which cards to pay off first, and find ways to reduce the cost of your debt.
  • Stop those who you have owed money to from trying to get payments from you once your debt is paid.

To obtain this service, you must:

  • Receive either social security or VA benefits,
  • Be at least 18 years old

We will check your income to see if you qualify for this service.

Representative Payee

This service allows us to:

  • Create a bank account in your name
  • Help you pay your bills
  • Provide cash to you after your bills are paid

To obtain this service, you must:

  • Have an issue that makes managing your money difficult
  • Receive Social Security or Supplemental Security Income

Like Bill Pay, we will check your income to see if you qualify.

Income Cap Trust

This service allows us to:

  • Pool your income so you qualify for Medicaid
  • Provide you cash for your personal needs
  • Cover the costs of your room and board
  • Provide cash to your spouse if you are married
  • Pay for your health insurance bills
  • Make payments toward the cost of your care

To offer this service, we create your trust, a bank account, and have all sources of your income deposited into that account. Your property and anyone else’s income is kept separate from this account. We check your income and your property to see if can obtain this service.

If you would like one of these services, you can call us and we will first connect you with one of the agencies listed above so you get all of the services you need. Our number is (541) 956-4082. You can also e-mail us at: erica.kimrey@ucancap.org