OREGON EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM OPENS
The Oregon Housing Community Services Department is offering new help through the State’s Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This Program can cover the costs of:
- Rent, including rent for manufactured homes and manufactured home lots,
- Utilities, including electric, gas, power, heat, water, sewer, bulk fuel, internet, and trash,
- Eviction costs, and
- Fees charged by landlords.
Depending on your situation, this assistance can:
- Pay your past due rent or utility bill(s) (bills going back to March 13, 2020 can be covered).
- Pay up to 3 months of future rent.
To have the opportunity to submit an application, you must:
- Be an Oregon renter household,
- Have household income meeting program limits (80% of area median income for the County where you live or less),
- Have someone in your household who is currently unemployed, or have a household that has experienced either an increase in expenses or decrease in income due to COVID-19, and
- Have someone in your household at risk for housing instability or homelessness.
Funds are limited. Oregon will look at several factors to decide who is in most need of help.
To find out if you qualify, please go to: https://www.oregonrentalassistance.org/
You will first be asked to complete pre-screen questions. If eligible, you can then complete the full application. You will need documents to:
- Verify your identity
- Verify your income
- Verify your residence
- Verify your bills due