United Community Action Network
Helping People, Changing Lives - Serving Douglas and Josephine Counties
Paypal donate button
Facebook icon

How UCAN Emergency Services Can Help

UCAN sometimes is able to help you pay for rent, deposits, even move-in costs. This type of funding is rare and the requirements to qualify for this kind of help change depending on the source of the funds. To find out if we currently have money to help with this issue in Douglas County, please call (541) 672-5392. In Josephine County, please call (541) 956-4050.

Finding Help Elsewhere

Local housing authorities may be able to help you with your rent payments. They offer section 8 housing vouchers that pay landlords for part of your rent and utility payments. In Douglas County, contact HADCO at (541) 673-6548 to ask about the availability of and requirements to obtain a voucher. In Josephine County, contact the Josephine Housing and Community Development Council at (541) 479-5529 for this information. There is frequently a waiting list for vouchers.

To talk to someone about any other potential source of rental and move-in assistance in your area, you can call 211Info at 211 toll free anywhere in Oregon.