United Community Action Network
Helping People, Changing Lives - Serving Douglas and Josephine Counties
Paypal donate button
Facebook icon

How UCAN Oregon Money Management Program Can Help

If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, our staff can work with you to help you better manage your money. For example, we can help you improve your budgeting skills. This service is offered both in Josephine and Douglas County.

In addtion, UCAN has long provided services to seniors and people with disabilities. Now, through a partnership with Easter Seals and Oregon Department of Human Services we are able to provide free financial advocacy and education to Douglas County residents 60 years or older with the assistance of trained and certified volunteers.

A little help can make a BIG difference.

Services offered

  • Representative payee services are available to people who do not have the capacity to manage their own funds, and do not have natural supports to assist.
  • One on one assistance to those who wish to remain in control of their finances but are needing assistance in budgeting, saving, and reducing debt.


  • Douglas County Resident
  • 60 years or older
  • Limited income and assets:
# of people in home Monthly income Liquid Assets
1 $2,921 $35,050
2 $3,338 $40,050
3 $3,754 $45,050

Personal and Financial information is kept secure and in strict confidence.

For more information on Services or Volunteering:

Erica Kimrey, UCAN Money Management Program Manager

541-672-5392 ext. 4502 office / 541-672-1983 fax


Money Management Program logos

Getting Help Elsewhere

There are a variety of organizations that may be able to help you manage your money or financial situation. To talk to someone to learn about other agencies offering help, you can contact Info211 by dialing 211 toll-free throughout Oregon.

A few local agencies that you may want to contact include:

  • For credit counseling, credit score information, bankruptcy information, housing finance information, and general money management information:
    • In Josephine County, you can contact Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern Oregon at (541) 779-2273 or go online to learn more about their services.
    • In Douglas County, you can contact Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Douglas County at (541) 673-3104 or go online to learn more about their services.
  • For special savings programs and home finance information and counseling in Douglas County, you can contact NeighborWorks Umpqua by calling (541) 673-4909 or go online to learn more about their services.